Setup Turntable (HP-H002)
- Unpack all parts and remove protective material.
- Do not connect the unit to the mains before checking the mains voltage and before all other connections have been made.
- Those instructions are related only to products using power cable or AC power adaptor.
1-Installing the Lid
Install the Lid carefully over the hinge prongs
2-Turntable platter and belt setup
Insert the sub-platter into the turntable spindle located in the middle of the turntable.
- Loop the drive belt around the sub-platter and motor pulley.
- Carefully place the main platter onto the sub-platter (Figure 1).
Place the slip mat on top of the platter (Figure 2)
3-Cartridge tracking force adjustment
The counterweight supplied is suitable for cartridges weighing between 3.0-6.0g
- Gently push and turn the Counterweight onto the rear of the tonearm (with the scale facing
toward the front of the turntable).
- Remove the cartridge protection cap.
- Lower the tonearm lift and position the cartridge in the space between tonearm rest and platter.
Carefully rotate the Counterweight until the tonearm balances out. The tonearm should return to the balanced position if it is moved up or down.
This adjustment must be done carefully.
Once the tonearm is correctly balanced return it to its’ rest. Hold the Counterweight without moving it, and gently rotate the Down force Scale ring until the zero is in line with black line on the rear of the tonearm. Check whether the arm still balances out.
3-Cartridge tracking force adjustment
Rotate the counterweight counter clockwise (seen from the front) to adjust the down force according to the cartridge manufacturer’s recommendations.One mark on the scale represents 0.05g of down force.
Note: The recommended down force for the factory fifitted cartridge is 3.5±0.5g. Counterweight Tracking Force
4-Anti-skating force adjustment
The anti-skating force must be adjusted corresponding to the tracking force as follows:
- Slip the loop of the anti-skating weight's thread over the 3rd groove of the stub to set the correct anti-skating force for the factory-fifitted cartridge.
2.Feed the thread through the loop of the wire support.
5-Connection to the Amplififier
This turntable uses a moving magnetic cartridge. Set the PHONO & Line Out Switch on PHONO mode.
Connect the phono out cables to the phono input on your amplififier of the pre-amplififier (phono stage). Line inputs such as CD, Tuner, Tape, or Video are not suitable forphono inputs. Make sure the amplifification of the selected input matches the type ofcartridge being used.
The factory-installed cartridge is 47k ohms/MM-input.
NOTE: If your amplififier does not have an input suitable for phono cartridges, you will need to purchase a separate phono amplififier for moving magnetic cartridges. This separate phono amplififier will then connect between your turntable and your amplififier.
6-Stereo System Connection
Set the PHONO & Line Out Switch on LINE mode. The RCA PHONO & Line Out Jacks output analog line-level signals and could be connected directly with a par of active/powered speakers of the appropriate input of your stereo system.
The Red plug connects with the Right channel and the White plug connects with the Left channel.
NOTE: The RCA Jacks are not designed to be connected directly to the passive/unpowered speakers on LINE mode. If connected to the passive speakers, there is no sound.
7-Main Power Connection
The power adaptor is in the foam packing material. Unpack the power adaptor and plug the small end into the DC power jack located at the back side of the turntable. Plug the power adaptor into your power outlet.
- Connect the included power adapter to the unit and press the power rocker switch to be “ON” position.
- Remove the needle cover from the cartridge.
- Place the slipmat on the platter and place a record on the slipmat. If using 45 RPM records, but the 45 RPM adapter on the center spindle before placing the record on the platter.
- Set the 33/45 RPM Selector according to the type of record.
- Unlock the arm clip and set the Lift Lever to the up position.
- Position the tonearm over the desired location (groove) on the record. The platter will begin spinning.
- Move the tonearm lift lever to the down position to move the tonearm toward the record. Alternatively, place the needle over the desired location on the record.
- Carefully lower the tonearm on the record.
- When you are fifinished playing the record, raise the tonearm, return it to rest on the arm clip.